Wednesday, September 10, 2003

Recording industry sues the world

This is probably one of the most ridiculous things I've heard in recent memory. As I am writing this, there are 3,267,308 users logged onto Kazaa, and 5300 Terabytes of files are being shared by users across the globe, 99% of which are movies and MP3's, and here we have the Trillion-dollar recording industry taking a little 12-year old to court and even actually intimidating her mother into paying $2000 in a settlement.

Well, I am unashamed to admit that as I am writing this, I am listening to music which I downloaded using Kazaa lite. I had a hankering for some 80's hits (blondie, if you must know), and since a "legal" copy wasn't immediately available I went ahead and got the songs I wanted. Sue me if you want, corporate America. Meanwhile Í will enjoy a bit of reminiscing while listening to "a total eclipse of the heart" and "Call me".